Monday 2 December 2013

First Draft


 
  •   Here is my first draft for my music video of "This Is The Life" by Amy MacDonald. The black areas at the beginning and near the end of my music video show that I need to edit in the third and final shoot later on, when I've uploaded the analysis of my third shoot.
  •   The reasoning for my out-focus into focus at the beginning of the music video, is because Amy MacDonald used this idea at the beginning of her video to 'Poison Prince' (in my list of conventions post). The out-focus in her video is because the music is just starting up, and that's what I was doing just before she starts singing. Although, the focus is a bit long at the beginning so I'd have to make an ending of that specific clip longer and shorten the beginning, so there's no long wait before she sings. I also faded the ending out like the video "Poison Prince" by Amy MacDonald as well but I wanted to out-focus it as well because it give a nice clean end to the music video.
  •   As I add in the prologue to the music video, at the beginning, the lip-syncing will adjust and fit into the song playing in the background. This is because I have noticed the lip-sync is a bit fast at the beginning.
  •   When I also go back and change clips and adjust the duration of them, I am going to change the one at around two thirds into the video. This is of Sophie dancing on her own in front of me (this shot is explained in the analysis of shoot 2). It was out of focus and when I changed the lighting to make her look brighter, the quality of the shot got worse, so as I do my final draft of my music video, I'll be sure to change it for another shot, or re-film it if I really wanted that shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment